5 Inexpensive Ways to Revitalize a Kitchen
Here are some quick, affordable ways to give your kitchen an update:
• Replace the flooring. Install laminate floor over prepared sub floor. It costs about $1 to $5 a square foot and looks like wood, stone, or tile.
• Replace the lighting. A new ceiling fixture costs less than $100 and will brighten up the place. Adding some under-the-cabinet lights will illuminate work surfaces.
• Give the cabinets a new life. A coat of paint and new knobs is the cheapest way to go.
• Refinish the appliances. For a few hundred dollars, an appliance refinisher will re-enamel your stove, refrigerator, and dishwasher door in the color of your choice, including a stainless steel look-alike.
• Update the backsplash. Replace the space between your cabinets and the countertop with fashionable tiles or use a prefab board that looks like tiles