Candles: Tips to Add Style on a Budget
Candles are trendy and are also a terrific staging tool. Why? Because you can create a decorative candle creation for almost any room and season. They come in so many colors, shapes and styles and are adding style while staying on a budget.
1. Color depend on your aspirations and your rooms features: Warmer or cooler vibrations of the various colors will create a different feel to choose one that achieves the effect you desire.
Orange: Brightens a room and brings in joy and enthusiasm
Blue: Calm, cool color that creates feelings of peace, particularly in the bedroom
White: the color of purity, protection and comfort
Green: a harmonizing color allowing for balance and a soothing atmosphere.
2. Be careful with scented candles: When using candles as a decorative item for selling a property, make sure to select one that isn’t scented. Not everyone has the same taste and it can backfire, if a potetnial buyer does not like it.
3. Size and Number: Candle can be an complementary item for your fireplace, or a central item on your dining table. According to the importance you would like to give the arrangement chose a bigger or a smaller size. As for the numbers, we prefer odd-numberes, 1 or 3 or 5 or 7…
4. Shape: Neutral or Crazy?: You have a huge variety of shapes. Keep neutral for big pieces and try to be original for small. Adapt it to the annual events, Flowers for Spring and Summer, Pumpkin for Halloween or even in shapes to remind of the specific Holiday season…
5. Give style to your candles:
Minimalistic: A trio of candles on a plate of stones
Chic: Different glass candle holders grouped together
Relaxing: Place lighted candles in a sitting room
Outdoor feeling: Place your candles as lanterns
Design2Sell offers Home Staging Services in the Metro Atlanta area. We are offering affordable home staging solutions to help sell your investment more quickly. Our Home Staging Services include consultations, staging vacant and occupied homes and interior redesign projects.
Examples of our before and after pictures, can be found at our Home Staging Portfolio.
About the Owner: Barbara Heil-Sonneck started her Re-Design and Staging Carrier in 2001, She is and an Accredited Staging Professional “ASP” and a Board Member of the International Association of Home Staging Professionals (IAHSP) – Atlanta Chapter. In 2008 Barbara co-authored and published her first book “ The Venus Approach to Real Estate Investing”.
Design2Sell has been featured in several publications. The Atlanta Journal Constitution, The Home Improvement Magazine, Radio Shows and more…
For a free home staging proposal, contact us @ 678-778-8642 or www.HomeDesign2Sell.com