My favorite episodes of I Dream of Jeannie were the ones that allowed the viewer to see inside of Jeannie’s lamp. The interior of this magical bottle was draped with jewel tone silks and was lit by Moroccan lanterns. It looked like such a cozy place. I always thought that it would be the perfect place to curl up with a good book.
Recently, I have been asked how to tastefully decorate a room in the Moroccan design style. Moroccan design is a very warm and exotic look for any room in your home. Keep in mind that this particular design style is not for the faint of heart. If you are new to this look, experiment with a single room in your home such as your bedroom.
Here are a few do’s and don’ts to make your space “Moroccan fabulous,” just like Jeannie’s bottle:
1. Do use a textured finish, such as a suede faux finish or a plaster finish in rich jewel tones, on walls.
2. Do use mosaic or Moroccan tiles for table tops and wall art.
3. Do use textiles, fabrics, throws, and cushions liberally.
4. Do accessorize with pottery and lanterns.
5. Don’t use ornate furniture. Do use rustic furniture with clean lines that
are stained a dark color.
Create your own enchanting space by using Jeannie’s lamp as your design inspiration.
For more design inspiration and ideas visit: www.homedesign2sell.com/oldsite
Design2Sell Interiors & Home Staging ** WE STAGE ATLANTA
Design2Sell offers Home Staging & Interior Design Services
in the Metro Atlanta area.
Barbara Heil-Sonneck has been featured in several publications. The Atlanta Journal Constitution, The Home Improvement Magazine, Radio Shows and was selected to be one of 8 Designers showcasing their work at the 2010 Atlanta Homeshow
For a free home staging proposal,
contact us @ (678) 778-8642