What’s Your Design Style?
The great thing about interior design is the numerous options available. On the contrary, because there are so many options, designing a house can be very overwhelming. Luckily, knowing the different styles of design comes in handy.
When decorating a room it is important to know a view of the design styles. More importantly, knowing your specific design style significantly narrows down the options. The best part is that a few of the interior stores have these design styles labeled. How great is that?
When shopping for items to fill your home, try to incorporate a theme. The first step: knowing your style! Listed below are a few styles paired with their descriptions. Which one matches you?
- Eclectic Style: incorporates many different styles and eras, typically involves a lot of patterns and textures as well as tassels and fringes. The key here is that the pieces both compliment and clash with one another.
- Tuscan Style: feature a rustic look distinguished by stone patios, simple and sturdy furnishings with elegant iron accents, elegant detailed murals, terra-cotta tiles and textured wall finishes
- Traditional Style: inspired by 18th century England and the French Countryside. This particular style incorporates a lot of peach and green colors with floral patterns. These colors are also enhanced with bronze. A traditional style also features oil paintings.
- Country Style: features bright colors of black, red and pure white with designs to set them apart. It also features a lot of homemade accessories such as baskets, pottery as well as checked and stripped patterns.
- Contemporary Style: incorporates styles from the 20th century. Many neutral elements are paired with bold colors. This particular style features colors of brown, taupe, cream and pure white. Many geometric patterns are also used.
Make your life simpler by applying these design styles when shopping for pieces. There are more styles to read about we well. Knowing your style helps you stick to what you know you like. It is also helpful when you want to step out of your comfort zone and don’t know where to begin. Enjoy shopping, know your style!
Design2Sell offers Home Staging & Interior Design Services
in the Metro Atlanta area.
Barbara Heil-Sonneck has been featured in several publications. The Atlanta Journal Constitution, The Home Improvement Magazine, Radio Shows and was selected to be one of 8 Designers showcasing their work at the 2010 Atlanta Homeshow
For a free home staging proposal,
contact us @ (678) 778-8642