Cool down with another Design2Sell favorite…. Strawberry Granita!
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups of sliced & hulled strawberries
- Optional: additional berries for garnishing
1. Stir hot water, sugar and fresh lemon in a bowl until sugar dissolves.
2. Add the hulled strawberries to a food processor
3. Blend until there is a smooth texture.
4. Combine the sugar mix with strawberry puree and blend together.Pour mixture into a nonstick metal baking pan. Freeze for about 20 minutes or until the mixture is icy around the edges of the pan.
5. Use a fork to scrape icy portions into the middle of the pan
6. Repeat steps 4 &5 until mixture is completely frozen. Scrape mixture into a flaky texture using a fork into a bowl. Garnish with extra berries and serve right away.
7. Any left overs can be placed back into the freezer and covered tightly.
Enjoy this yummy summer snack and tell us what you think!
(Written & Images by: Kristine Cupid)
Design2Sell Interiors & Home Staging ** WE STAGE ATLANTA
Design2Sell offers Home Staging & Interior Design Services
in the Metro Atlanta area.
Barbara Heil-Sonneck has been featured in several publications. The Atlanta Journal Constitution, The Home Improvement Magazine, Radio Shows and more…
For a free home staging proposal,
contact us @ (678) 778-8642