Design2Sell enjoys summer: Chocolate Mint Dirt Pot
With summer in full force Design2Sell was inspired to do another fun recipe. If you love chocolate these are just for you. Chocolate Mint Dirt Pots! In celebrating the growth of all the new plants and flowers , these yummy cups of chocolaty goodness resemble early sprouting plants where the dirt is actually made from crumbled cookies along with a simple chocolate custard. This easy yet classy looking recipe can be served at an event or after dinner. Follow these step by step instructions to get your very own Chocolate Mint Dirt Pots and let us know what you think of this parfait…
What you will need:
3 tbsp of cocoa powder
2 tbsp of corn starch
3 tbsp of sugar
1 ½ cups of milk
1 large egg, beaten
A scoop of butter
4 pieces of broken baking chocolate
Packet of double chocolate cookies (Oreos)
Fresh pieces of mint
- Stir the cocoa powder, corn flour and 2 tablespoons of sugar together in a dry saucepan.
- Add the milk and gently heat on medium, stirring occasionally.
- Crack the egg into a small bowl and mix with 1 tablespoon of sugar, then add about a third of the hot chocolate milk as you whisk to prevent the egg from scrambling.
- Pour the egg mixture back into the pan and continue to heat with the butter and broken up dark chocolate.Add a dash of Vanilla.
- Bubble in the pan for a minute then transfer into a bowl or jug
- Let cool completely in the fridge.
- Add 8 or so cookies in a blender until they become a fine crumb or you can crush them in a zip lock bag with a heavy object.
- Remove Custard from fridge and whisk for creamy texture.Layer the cooled chocolate mixture and the cookie crumbs into a glass tumbler.
- Decorate with some fresh mint to give the appearance of a growing plant.
Voila! Chocolate Mint Dirt Pot.
What’s your favorite Summer Recipe?
Images & Post by: Kristine C.
Recipe inspired by: SortedFood
Design2Sell offers Home Staging & Interior Design Services
in the Metro Atlanta area.
Barbara Heil-Sonneck has been featured in several publications. The Atlanta Journal Constitution, The Home Improvement Magazine, Radio Shows and more…
For a free home staging proposal,
contact us @ (678) 778-8642