Design2Sell has put together a Bathroom Checklist for home owners who are looking to sell their homes. It is always vital to keep a clean bathroom and display it in an inviting way so the buyer can picture themselves in it. Here are a few essential tips Design2Sell uses while staging a bathroom..
- Create a Spa-like feel
- Repaint walls if there are plenty of nicks and faded spots
- Paint molding around the windows in white
- re-glaze around bathtub and tiles to have a crisp & clean look
- Be sure to get rid of any mold
- Showcase only some decorative items on shelves – try displaying items in three to create a coherent look
- When displaying bathroom artwork be sure to have a neutral topic to depersonalize. Photos of family or portraits can take away from the buyer visualizing themselves in that space.
- Be sure to have an appropriate mirror that accents the bathroom.
- Remove all small personal items. This can be the perfect time time to de-clutter and start packing way your items for the move. Place prescription medication or any other items you wouldn’t want the public seeing in a safe private place.
- Remove small floor mats to show off your flooring
- Use Bathroom decor sets to give a nice consistent look
- glass containers filled with cotton balls or shells and a crisp white robe hanging in the bathroom help aid in a spa like feel
Post By: Kristine C.
Images by Design2Sell
Design2Sell offers Home Staging & Interior Design Services
in the Metro Atlanta area.
Barbara Heil-Sonneck has been featured in several publications. The Atlanta Journal Constitution, The Home Improvement Magazine, Radio Shows and more…
For a free home staging proposal,
contact us @ (678) 778-8642